Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Project Manager - Mainframe Infrastructure
Business Unit Overview
EI (Enterprise Infrastructure) India started operations in 2004 to help our partners take advantage of the global capability in providing operational support using the follow the sun model. Today the team covers multiple technologies in remote infrastructure support covering production, engineering, application and database support. EI India plays a key role in global workforce augmentation and supports all the EI verticals, including 24X7 operations in some areas. The team’s endeavour has been to provide increased value to our partners through operational excellence and innovation with a focus on stability.
- Fidelity has one of the largest mainframe implementations globally (one of the top 10 mainframe customers for IBM). Infrastructure support for the mainframes is provided by our teams in US and India. It includes supporting the hardware, zOS, DB2, MQ, WAS, CICS, Performance and Capacity. To strengthen the delivery model, Fidelity is in the process of growing its mainframe team in India.
- This role, based in Chennai, is responsible for leading EI India’s Mainframe Infrastructure Support team, comprising of 15 to 20 associates. This team is accountable for delivering a stable and current mainframe environment to application teams by delivering on the following:
- Mainframe tech windows
- Engineering projects – Across all Mainframe infrastructure
- Incident management
- Technology upgrades – z/OS,Storage,Automation,Network,Mainframe Application infrastructure,Performance and tuning
- Performance and capacity analysis
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead the Operating system services/Performance tuning and Mainframe Application infrastructure team to ensure high quality delivery of all projects and operations
- Collaborate with the global teams and vendors to build a strong partnership
- Bring thought-leadership and new ideas to the table
- Build and sustain a culture where innovative ideas are encouraged
- Build a high-performing team with a can-do attitude
List of skills required
- Has deep expertise in supporting mainframe infrastructure for large/complex implementations
- Past experience in managing mainframe infrastructure support for financial services firms would be helpful
- Has successful track record of training associates on mainframe technologies to manage the talent pipeline for the future
- Proven expertise in building learning culture in the team
- Is self-aware and always building on strengths and improving on development areas
- Highly collaborative and can build strong partnerships in multi-cultural environments
- Cares deeply about people and personally invests in them
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Should have Programming/Coding skills
- Great attitude, team player and effective contributor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to quality and high standards
- Strong interpersonal / customer skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics or any other discipline
- A dynamic leader with a common-sense approach to successfully lead and motivate a large, diverse team
- 13-15 years of IT experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with business and technical team members across the organization