Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Project Manager - Java, Agile
Business Unit Overview
Fidelity Pricing & Cash Management Services (FPCMS) provides accounting and investment management support services for Fidelity mutual funds and other retail and institutional investment products. These services include calculating and distributing NAVs, distribution rates and yields for a wide variety of investment products; preparing fund financial statements, dividend estimates and tax returns; monitoring delivery of fund trades to custodian banks; processing corporate actions; collecting securities income on behalf of the funds; reconciling, reporting and moving money in support of fund shareholder transactions; and managing fund liquidity.
The FPCMS Technology Platform consists of mainframe and distributed architecture including multiple interfaces both internal and external to the FPCMS Organization. The systems employed include the source fund accounting, pricing, tax and data exchange platforms. The data is sourced from multiple accounting, trading and reference data systems within Fidelity, stored in central database and shared with internal or external customer groups through system-to-system interfaces to support fund setup, reporting, analytic and oversight functions. Working closely with technology support functions, the role of this team is to ensure the data and functionality is complete, accurate and available to users in a timely manner.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will:
- Manage 2-4 projects of a specific product line within the GMO area.
- As the opportunity presents, program manage a large release involving multiple application and system participants.
- Responsible for people and delivery management for associates in these projects
- Be responsible in planning and managing the project schedule in agile methodology in these projects
- Ensure on-time deliverables.
- Be responsible for the quality of deliverables, ensure flawless execution
- Mentor & coach Leads for these projects
- Be responsible for owning stakeholder relationships in these areas
- Ensure institutionalization of quality/delviery processes in the projects
- Participate and lead recruiting effort for these projects
List of skills required
- Experience with Development of large scale enterprise systems in J2EE stack is must
- Experience on scaled agile development methodologies is highly preferred.
- Experience with databases like Oracle and writing queries is a must
- Experience with MS Office (Access, Excel, Word, Visio etc.)
- Experience of a project lifecycle methodology (preferably agile)
- Experience with any of trading systems, security reference data systems and pricing systems is preferred
- Strong communication – verbal and written
- Ability to diagram and summarize according to audience; comfortably presents to a broad and diverse population
- Interacts effectively with peers to resolve issues
- Effectively deals with ambiguity
- Self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Prepares for and adjusts to changes in operating environment
- Promotes positive and professional work environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Computer Science or related subject.
- 10-13 years of experience in information technology.