Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Engineer - Application developer - FCAT
Business Unit Overview
The Fidelity Labs/FCAT looks internationally, across industries, and in academia to identify new technologies and innovation opportunities. Labs rapidly prototype and test solutions with customers to quickly identify projects worth pursuing. FCAT is responsible for identifying opportunities with high potential and rapidly bring them to our 22 million customers and partners. www.fidelitylabs.com
The Fidelity Labs developer will be responsible for engineering activities including design and development of proof od concepts and pilot products. Developer has to work with product managers, design thinkers, analysts and createive designers across the globe in Fidelity to develop products and pilots that are not yet in main stream technology.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and develop prototypes, pilots and products
- Work with product managers and design thinkers
- Customer focused engineering by constantly iterating on the product
List of skills required
- Should possess strong hands-on experience in design and development of web applications using frameworks like Spring/Django
- In-depth exposure to API design and development of RESTful Services using Spring/Django/NodeJs.
- Profecient in developing web pages from scratch using HTML5, Angular JS or other UI frameworks.
- Experience in developing responsive web pages using Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Bootstrap or Foundation or Angular Material.
- Adept at version control tools GIT Stash, build tools like Maven.
- Experience in deploying web applications on webservers in Unix Systems.
- Knowledge on CI/CD of webapps using Jenkins, uDeploy etc.
- Ability to learn new concepts and technologies in strict timelines
- Must be adaptable in a changing environment and be effective in many different business settings.
- Strong communication – verbal and written
- Self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Promotes positive and professional work environment
- Self starter
- Capable of handling engineering activities working with product mangers and co-developers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related subject.
- 5-7 Years of IT experience