Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Engineer - Websphere or Windows IIS or Tomcat
Business Unit Overview
Production Support Services (PSS) is a horizontal Production Support organization of Fidelity’s Technology Services. This team supports the operational needs of various businesses such as Workplace Investing, Personal Investing, SIPD, Asset Management and Advisory businesses, as well as support the internal enterprise applications.
- This is a support position for the DB-DC Online(OIS-India) team with a concentrated focus on investigation of application support and configuration issues in the DB & DC Online Mid-tier environments.
- Providing 2nd level support for identification and communication of environment/ application problems
- Assisting and gathering performance and availability metrics
- Identifying potential process improvements, and opportunities to streamline procedures
- Investigating potential new tools to reduce triage time and improve results
- Application deployments and new server build outs.
- Overseeing small projects as both an individual contributor and a team player
- Assisting in on-going environment validation tasks
- Participation in oncall rotations
List of skills required
- Ability to demonstrate through at least 3-4 years of work experience, a working knowledge of troubleshooting enterprise web applications, including configuration issues, in a Unix/Linux environment with J2EE, WebSphere, Tomcat and SQL technologies. Working knowledge of Docker Container is preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic OS level scripting languages such as Korn Shell, Bash Shell, or Jscript is a plus.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting enterprise web applications, including configuration issues, in a Windows environment with IIS web configurations is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to ask the right questions to get to bottom of issues, to identify root cause
- Skilled at balancing project work with interrupt-driven tasks and re-evaluating priorities frequently based on new information
- Able to prioritize issues for resolution, hold or escalation
- Tenacious and good with follow-through, recognizing things that need to be done and pushing self and others to achieve goals.
- Articulate and concise in both oral and written communications
- Ability to learn new technologies on the job in a fast paced environment
- This position will require participation in a periodic oncall support rotation.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Passion for excellence and a desire to learn and to improve support strategies, processes and procedures. You must be adaptable to change, work well under pressure, and be able to multi-task, while maintaining a positive outlook.
Education and Experience
- B.E or MCA
- 5-7 years of IT experience