Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Director - Oracle, Big Data, AWS Cloud
Business Unit Overview
WS is accelerating the efforts on Cloud and Data strategy and working on leveraging the AI and ML to improve personalization and deepen analytical capabilities. Some of these new applications are engineered to run the workloads on cloud environments. This requires exposure and experience in various big data and cloud related technologies. Immediate need would be to lead the WS Data Lake Strategy and work with ECC to accelerate the WS programs.
This person will be responsible for driving the data on cloud and big data strategy and help WS Technology move towards achieving the objectives of Innovation and Efficiency. This person will bridge the technical and Architectural skills in the emerging technology space, which WS organization does not possess at this time. These skills are very vital to remain competitive in the every changing business landscape.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as a trusted advisor and recommend actionable data architecture solutions in support of the business initiatives balancing technology direction.
- Hands on, able to act as a bridge between Architecture Principles and tactical designs along with intent to collaborate to make things happen.
- Actively participate in planning, definition, design & integration of IT Product/Application releases working with other product architects as required to assure consistency of product development and adoption of the product asset base across the product line
- Actively participate in product release cycle, daily stand up as well as helping team with tactical activities like code review, design optimization etc. Also work on strategic items like purge and archival strategy, performance tuning, Big Data adaption etc.
- Create leading edge data architecture solutions using Bigdata, Hadoop and Exadata for product lines working in partnership with Product Managers, other Product Architects and DBAs
- Drive adoption of Data Management and data modeling process partnering with Data Architecture group
- Lead and present a technical solution (e.g. POC) and the underlying business requirements that drove its development;
- Work closely with IT Product/Application teams in technology selection, evaluation, recommendation and configuration
- Build and maintain effective relationships with product managers, WI architects and technical leads for individual products
- Contribute to the development of WI data architecture blueprint , data management lifecycle to guide and inform both cross product and Product Line level initiatives
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for building cross product data assets to optimize for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market
- Provide proactive technical oversight and advise to DBA and development teams fostering re-use, design for scale, stability, and operational efficiency of data/analytical solutions
List of skills required
- Primary skills: HADOOP platform exp. at minimum 4 yrs. Map reduce, PIG, Flume, SQOOP, HIVE, Impala, HBase, SPARK, KAFKA, Cassandra, HADOOP Connectors, Linux, AWS
- 14+ years’ experience in Systems Architecture with complex IT and Data systems
- Experience with Financial Services and Corporate Systems
- Demonstrated experience with Data Architecture, design and implementation of large scale data systems using Oracle and/or Hadoop Platforms (Cloudera or HortonWorks)
- Experience with Architecture and design of data integration architecture using ETL, ELT and other data
- Integration patterns (Preferably Informatica)
- Thorough understanding of leading data modeling design practices, patterns and tools (e.g. Power Designer, ERStudio, RedGate Studio)
- Familiarity with Metadata Management and Data Quality management solutions and patterns
- Familiarity with SDLC (Agile-SCRUM / SAFE), DevOps, Cloud
- Experience in R, Python, Ruby, SAS is highly desirable
- Great attitude, team player and effective contributor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to quality and high standards
- Strong interpersonal / customer skills.
Education and Experience
- 16+ years of experience