Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Director - Architecture
Business Unit Overview
Fidelity Investments Management Technology (FIMT) is the business unit that provides application, system and IT infrastructure services for multiple Investment management and advisory businesses like Fidelity Management and Research Company (FMRCo), Fidelity International Limited (FIL), Pyramis Global Advisors (PGA), Strategic Advisors Inc. (SAI) and Investment operations across Boston, Merrimack, Raleigh, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Bangalore.
The FIMT Architect will work at the functional/business unit level to provide technical leadership to programs and projects. This person will be a hands-on architect with well honed design and development skills. This individual is expected to work under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets for and offshore program/project delivery on behalf of FIMT Architecture. He/She will
- Develop solution architecture for complex business systems for FIMT
- Guide/Develop, communicate and oversee implementation of high-level and low-level design in compliance to architecture and design standards defined by FIMT
- Effectively address functional and quality goals of systems during design activities. Apply appropriate approaches to assessing tradeoffs among architectural quality goals
- Lead the architectural, infrastructure, and common components/services aspects of large project or sets of projects or business unit technologies, which may include: applications, infrastructure and/or database strategies. Drive resolution to technical issues. Leads/performs impact analysis
- Participate and guide the team in unit, integration, and non-functional testing
- Provide technical guidance to the offshore development team. Coach and mentor the technical team
- Ensure development teams follow coding guidelines and practices, and conduct formal code reviews. Participate in defining the technical & coding standards and guidelines for the team or group
- Participate in critical problem solving and advanced technical troubleshooting to assist the organization
- Present a technical solution and the underlying business requirements that drove its development, assess the technical integrity and risks inherent in that solution in such a way that the recommendations and findings are appropriate and can be implemented across the function/business unit
List of skills required
- Bachelor’s degree
- 12+ years experience. Recent application/service development experience is a must
- Must have experience in defining solutions and the needed architecture to enable it. Build end to end Solution Architecture and get stakeholder buy-in. Ability to take the functional and non functional requirements and propose a solution that will meet the business needs
- Ability to analyze business problem, understand big picture and develop technical solutions.
- Ability to build support among senior management and key stakeholders for proposed solutions
- Must have considerable experience in service identification, design principles, and patterns
- Must have experience .NET, Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate/iBatis is must. The individual should be well conversant with DB technologies such as Oracle, PL/SQL etc and in usage of databases in applications/services
- Must have good knowledge of SOAP, REST and Webservices
- Should be able to provide technical leadership to the development teams in preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions. Should be able to identify integration points between various design areas and should be able to track the implementation of integrations. The candidate should be able to mentor the members of the development teams
- Should be able to work on projects that cut across divisional and organizational boundaries
- Should be able to work on POC’s independently
- Should be a quick learner be able to adapt to new technologies
- Must have expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and design
- Should have excellent presentation, documentation and communication skills as well as skills to present/sell technology in business context to the stakeholders
- Experience in Financial Services Industry especially in Buy side investment management is highly desirable
- Experience in Agile development methodology is desirable
- Great attitude, team player and effective contributor.
- Flexible to support 24*7 environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to quality and high standards
- Strong interpersonal / customer skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 16+ years of IT experience