Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Lead - Software Engineering - Java
Business Unit Overview
The FPCMS (Fidelity Pricing and Cash Management Services) Technology Group is responsible for delivering top quality scalable systems solutions for the Asset Management business functions within Fidelity Investments. The FPCMS Technology Platform consists of mainframe and distributed architecture including multiple interfaces both internal and external to the FPCMS Organization. The systems employed include the source fund accounting, pricing, tax and data exchange platforms. The data is sourced from multiple accounting, trading and reference data systems within Fidelity, stored in central database and shared with internal or external customer groups through system-to-system interfaces to support fund setup, reporting, analytic and oversight functions. Working closely with technology support functions, the role of this team is to ensure the data and functionality is complete, accurate and available to users in a timely manner.
- The FPCMS Systems and Solutions Delivery team provides core application development and support services for all FPCMS systems utilizing a diverse technology base.
- The team works on technology-based projects in collaboration with other Fidelity systems divisions, customers, and custodian banks.
- The FPCMS Technology Team requires a full stack Java developer with atleast 8+ years, primarily responsible for ensuring effective, efficient and high quality development to meet the defined project business objectives.
- The role requires interaction with technologists such as architects as well as with business.Roles & Responsibilities
- Hands on in technology and ensure code quality of deliverables
- Ability to perform technology lead role of the team
- Define quality parameters and other standards for the development
- Ability to design solutions
- Accountable for successful delivery of assigned work
- Mentor junior resources in the team
- Report status on regular basis and actively manage open issues/risks
- Communicate effectively within team as well as with partnersCandidate DescriptionList of skills required
- Operating Systems : Linux, Windows
- Tools : Eclipse, STS, Debugging tools/options
- AppliationServer : Tomcat, tc Server
- Fundamentals : OO Concepts, Design patterns, Coding best practices, SOLID principles, Debugging skills, Performance tuning skills, Design skills, RDBMS
- Databases : Oracle
- Preferable skills : Informatica, Control M, Spring MVCBehavioural Attributes
- Strong communication – verbal and writtens
- Ability to diagram and summarize according to audience; comfortably presents to a broad and diverse population
- Interacts effectively with peers to resolve issues
- Effectively deals with ambiguity
- Self-motivated with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Prepares for and adjusts to changes in operating environment
- Promotes positive and professional work environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Computer Science or related subject.
- Financial services experience preferred.
- Experience of a project lifecycle methodology (preferably agile)
- 7-9 Years of IT experience