Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Director - Data Architecture , Oracle , Big Data
Business Unit Overview
Fidelity is a privately held, international provider of financial services and investment resources that help individuals and institutions meet their financial objectives. Fidelity offers services to more than 19 million individuals and institutions as well as through 5,500 financial intermediaries. The firm is the largest mutual fund company in the United States, and the No. 1 provider of workplace retirement savings plans. Fidelity Investments was established in 1946 with, headquarters in Boston. Fidelity started its Indian operations in September, 2001 and currently has operations in Bangalore and Chennai.
FMR India Data COE - is a Data Horizontal Organization. It stays abreast of emerging data technology and collaborates with multiple business units in handling and delivering Data and Architecture solutions to projects.
Director Data Architecture
The Director Data Architecture position (Individual Contributor) is based in Chennai & Bengaluru, India. This person will be dotted line to the Onsite Workplace Investment Data Architecture Head. This role will work with the application/product architecture and development teams to inventory, develop, and maintain related data models; identifying business critical gaps and discrepancies; actively propose and implement actionable remediation tactics. Additionally, this person will define, champion, manage pace, and govern data architecture standards, best practices, and related development methodologies. They will also collaborate closely with key business partners in promoting effective business data governance.
The iBIS Systems and Solutions Delivery team is a highly collaborative team. In addition to subject matter expertise and relevant experience, a successful candidate will exemplify a spirit of partnership, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and seek to educate partners on the “why” behind best practices and architecture decisions. They will seek to elevate and broaden the expertise of their fellow team members.
- Act as a trusted advisor and recommend actionable data architecture solutions in support of the business initiatives balancing technology direction.
- Hands on, able to act as a bridge between Architecture Principles and tactical designs along with intent to collaborate to make things happen.
- Actively participate in planning, definition, design & integration of IT Product/Application releases working with other product architects as required to assure consistency of product development and adoption of the product asset base across the product line
- Actively participate in product release cycle, daily stand up as well as helping team with tactical activities like code review, design optimization etc. Also work on strategic items like purge and archival strategy, performance tuning, Big Data adaption etc.
- Create leading edge data architecture solutions using Bigdata, Hadoop and Exadata for product lines working in partnership with Product Managers, other Product Architects and DBAs
- Drive adoption of Data Management and data modeling process partnering with Data Architecture group
- Lead and present a technical solution (e.g. POC) and the underlying business requirements that drove its development
- Work closely with IT Product/Application teams in technology selection, evaluation, recommendation and configuration
- Build and maintain effective relationships with product managers, WI architects and technical leads for individual products
- Contribute to the development of WI data architecture blueprint , data management lifecycle to guide and inform both cross product and Product Line level initiatives
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for building cross product data assets to optimize for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market
- Provide proactive technical oversight and advise to DBA and development teams fostering re-use, design for scale, stability, and operational efficiency of data/analytical solutions
Must Have Skills and Knowledge
- Primary skills: HADOOP platform exp. at minimum 4 yrs. Map reduce, PIG, Flume, SQOOP, HIVE, Impala, HBase, SPARK, KAFKA, Cassandra, HADOOP Connectors, Linux
- Ability to articulate architecture solution options to the product management and architecture leadership
- Ability to provide technical leadership and hands on day to day solution to the development, QA and support teams in preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions
- Ability to identify integration patterns and points between various design areas and should be able to track the implementation of integrations
- Ability to analyze business direction and problem, understand long term vision and risk and develop strategy and guide technical solutions
- Ability to work with peers, technical and non-technical team members on POCs and Projects independently
- Ability to identify measurable dimensions (including ROI) of a solutions options with pros and cons
- Excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills as well as skills which present/influence technology direction in business context to the stakeholders
- Experience with Java, NoSQL, Hadoop In-Memory or Columnar database platforms
Skills and Knowledge considered a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with SDLC (Agile-SCRUM / SAFE), DevOps, Cloud will be plus.
- Experience in R, Python, Ruby, SAS is highly desirable
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills - written, verbal.
- 14+ years’ experience in Systems Architecture with complex IT and Data systems
- Experience with Financial Services and Corporate Systems
- Demonstrated experience with Data Architecture, design and implementation of large scale data systems using Oracle and/or Hadoop Platforms (Cloudera or HortonWorks)
- Experience with Architecture and design of data integration architecture using ETL, ELT and other data
- Integration patterns (Preferably Informatica)
- Thorough understanding of leading data modeling design practices, patterns and tools (e.g. Power Designer, ERStudio, RedGate Studio)
- Familiarity with Metadata Mgmt and Data Quality management solutions and patterns