Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Software Engineer- ETL
Business Unit Overview
Fidelity Investments is the world’s largest mutual fund manager. As a global financial services leader, Fidelity employs more than 30,000 people in multiple locations worldwide. Workplace Investing (WI) Retirement Services IT provides back office support to retirement service business of Fidelity and our customers. We offer world class benefits and career opportunities for all our employees. Ours is a dynamic, entrepreneurial workplace with a focus on team work and excellence
The Software Engineer for the FICOT (Financial Investments Client Operation Technology) team in WI will be responsible for End to end development, maintenance and enhancement of FIP (Fund Information Platform) application. FIP provides Fund Information data to various downstream consumers and online applications like Fidelity.com, Netbenefits, PSW, etc....We also have an internal application which is used by Investment services team for reporting purpose. We are looking for someone who can work with offshore leads to support the Development and maintenance of these applications. Hands on experience in Informatica PC and SQL / PL/Sql Development is mandatory. The identified resource will need to be in constant verbal and written contact with key stakeholders like Scrum Master, Product owner and peers in India as well as in U.S.
- Strong knowledge of ETL tools like Informatica is Must.
- Strong in Oracle database Concepts.
- Strong knowledge of Data warehouse concepts.
- Hands-on Development in SQL / PL SQL which includes performance tuning , writing packages, stored procedures, Materialized, views etc..
- Hands on experience in creating complex ETL mappings using designers, workflow.
- Hands on experience in Control M job creation, FTP/sFTP process.
- Should have some exposure to Data modeling so that he/she can contribute in terms of redesigning of database objects, especially during performance issues.
- Exposure to Finance and Market is preferred.
- Exposure to production support nice to have.
- Strong written and oral communication skills along with a good attention to detail.
- Ability to perform independent technical analysis on complex projects.
- Exposure to UNIX/WINDOW Environments and scripting is preferred.Behavioral attributes
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Good Email Communication and handshake/Status call etiquettes.
- Creative, energetic, assertive hands-on professional who enjoys the challenge of change.
- High level of commitment, initiative, vision and enthusiasm.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent technical training and experience with ~3 years of experience.