Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Lead - RM Analytics
Business Unit Overview
Business Analytics & Research (BA&R), a part of FMR India, is a consulting and insights team that enables business leaders at Fidelity Investments to make informed decisions. The team uses a combination of business & investment research, advanced analytics and decision sciences to solve business problems at the operational, tactical and strategic level. The group has a high focus on leveraging big data and technology to facilitate critical decisions, and is in the process of setting-up a first of its kind big data lab in India. The group houses top talent, with over three-fourths of the associates having a post graduate degree or PhD. The group provides a unique exposure to the financial services industry spanning workplace investing, retail investing, institutional investing, asset management and private equity.
The position will join and lead the WS RM Analytics Engagement in BA&R Chennai. The major functional focus of this position is providing sophisticated statistical modeling, data mining/predictive analytics, advanced measurement, and other analytical techniques to gain insights, and support strategic decision making. The right candidate must thrive on setting up new paths in a new role with research, developing complex statistical modeling that serves business needs, and helps the RM organization’s decision making and strategic initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with business partners in WI RM organization to understand project requirement and implement the same using sound data knowledge and experience
- Data extraction: Extract data from appropriate sources in a complex warehousing environment. Require in-depth knowledge of data elements.
- Data processing: Perform complex data processing (e.g. merging, sorting, data transformations) using SAS, Access, or other ETL tools on PC or Linux
- Profiling and analysis: Combine in-depth business knowledge, insights, and techniques such as data visualization, cross-tabs, statistical tests, and data mining techniques to identify insights and trends
- Model development: Apply standard and cutting-edge techniques (statistical modeling, data mining, predictive analytics, machine learning, optimization) to identify drivers of a business metric (e.g. campaign response, attrition, propensity to buy, multi-channel marketing). Compare techniques using validation to arrive at the best model using SAS, R.
- Handle multiple projects in parallel with an eye to final packaging or finished deliverables
- Build a reputation with partners as a person who can provide solutions to business problems
- Projects can range from Strategic analysis to Data modelling to Prescriptive analysis.
- Effectively communicate findings, concerns, ideas, project management elements to multiple stakeholders in an offshore-onshore environment
List of skills required
- Subject matter expert on Machine Learning, Predictive modeling, Deep-dive strategic analysis
- Expertise on visualisation tool like Tableau /Qlikview / D3 are helpful
Education and Experience
- Post graduate degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or similar quantitative discipline or MBA from a premier school
- 8+ years of relevant experience post PG in data modeling and predictive analytics, having a flair for Quantitative Analysis with software tools & packages like SAS (BASE, Unix, Stat, Eminer, Eguide, Model Manager), R and SQL would be considered. Knowledge on Python would be an added advantage.