Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Engineer - Java AWS
Business Unit Overview
ECC (Enterprise Cloud Computing) is a new Business Unit created with an aim to drive cloud transformation at Fidelity. Our mission it to enable Fidelity’s application development teams to go faster by bringing together architecture, Infrastructure, Development Tools, Security, Operations and Program Office functions in agile, delivery-oriented teams to build/configure/sustain internal and external cloud platforms and development ecosystems.
We are looking for a hands-on lead software engineer who can be out Cloud Advocate Technical Solutions Engineer to join ECC’s Adoption & Onboarding team. As a team member, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in the Fidelity workplace.
As a Cloud Advocate Technical Solutions Engineer, you will combine software development, networking, systems administration, and governance/policy expertise with an aptitude for technical advising, troubleshooting and analysis. You will work across multiple customer-facing teams to improve Fidelity’s strategic vision for Enterprise Cloud Computing and to make global businesses and organizations successful. You are a technical solutions expert, who will help Fidelity’s businesses and associates approach and resolve technology problems and design Fidelity-scale services. You are a cloud solutions developer, familiar with pair programming, and can assist with on-demand technical programming requests and/or configuration needs.
The ideal candidate should have sound technical knowledge/experience in cloud computing. Hands on experience in developing and configuring Container / Cloud based platform is a must. He/She should have excellent mentoring and communication skills . The candidate should be able to act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Business Partners and their teams, including Software Engineers, Networking and Operations Engineers to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve the ECC performance and technical offerings.
List of skills required
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Strong coaching, mentoring skills
- Systems engineering exposure
- Must be confortable working under pressure and in environments of rapid change
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to develop and maintain positive cross-department relationships
- Ability to manage pressure and to provide clear directions during times of crisis
- Broad understanding of organizational structure, business model and operations
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Capacity to quickly understand and support new technologies, tools, products, features
- Ability to proactively develop and articulate strategy, contribute to the vision and strategy by modeling the required behaviors
- Experience working with multiple clients and projects simultaneously
Education and Experience
- Arround 10 years experience in software development, of which at least 5 years hands-on delivery lead and mentoring.
- Strong programming skills,
- Exposure to Cloud provider like AWS, GCP, Azure etc and Container technologies.
- Experience in atleast one cloud provider based implementations, 12 factor application development etc.