Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Systems Engineer - Production Support
Business Unit Overview
EI (Enterprise Infrastructure) India started operations in 2004 to help our partners take advantage of the global capability in providing operational support using the follow the sun model. Today the team covers multiple technologies in remote infrastructure support covering production, engineering, application and database support. EI India plays a key role in global workforce augmentation and supports all the EI verticals, including 24X7 operations in some areas. The team’s endeavour has been to provide increased value to our partners through operational excellence and innovation with a focus on stability
· The Senior Systems Services and Support Analyst in Batch Services will work in a team environment responsible for providing 24x7 support of batch processing in the production environments. Batch cycles execute on the Mainframe and Distributed platforms using the Control-M product.
· This role supports business units across the organization ensuring that batch processing service level agreements are met with each cycle execution.
· The role of senior analyst is responsible for normal day to day functions (migration of code, supporting scripts/ Job Control Language (JCL), and executables into production libraries) along with being able to make insightful decisions by analyzing opportunities, risks, and impact of all actions on the business.
· This role also requires the ability to connect intentionally with numerous business partners such as application owners, developers, testers, business analysts and customer service reps to understand and ensure smooth operations of the services required/requested by the end users.
· The candidate chosen for this role should be able to demonstrate a strong sense of ownership, accountability, and a commitment to achieving objectives while helping to foster and maintain a culture of teamwork across all participants.
· Candidate Description
· List of skills required
· Technical competency of JCL, MVS, UNIX, LINUX, CONTROL-M, Service Manager, IM, SMS
· Considerable experience with Agile Methodoligies. Scrum Certification a plus
· Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems from an accredited college/university is a plus
· Functional/Technical Knowledge
· Ensures the efficient application or utilization of technology by providing solutions to daily issues, balancing investment, technology, and customer needs. l Contributes as a knowledgeable employee in specific technology areas. l Works with technology vendors/internal resources to ensure appropriate business practices. l Manages contingency coverage requirements for systems/applications.
· Technical Leadership
· Responsible for technical implementation of architectural components. l Provides technology solutions to daily issues and manages relationships to provide ongoing customer service. l Provides technical direction. l Provides leadership to teams in broad technical areas. l Looks for opportunities to recommend and implement new technologies. l Evaluates innovative alternatives and re-use opportunities
· Working Relationships
o Manages and may initiate vendor relationships l Works across groups to identify opportunities for organizationwide technology initiatives l Exerts department-wide influence l Advises senior management on technical strategy
· Professional Skills
· Ability to get messages across that instigate appropriate actions l Is able to communicate and write clearlyand succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles l Able to develop complex documents that are clear and concise l Develop messages that convey alternative viewpoints l Review and edit documents created by others l Structure written messages in a logical framework
· Technologies / Tools - Tools: Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Outlook, Visio, SharePoint
• Great attitude, team player and effective contributor.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimum supervision.
• Commitment to quality and high standards
• Strong interpersonal / customer skills.
• Supporting a 24x7x365 environment
• Consists of shift work (12 hour shifts)
• Shift may include working nights, weekends, and holidays
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology.
5-7 Years I.T. experience