Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Software Engineer - Java/J2EE/Sping/Spring Boot
Business Unit Overview
WS(Workplace Solutions) helps our customers save and invest through workplace retirement savings plans, build lifetime relationships with customers and provide employers with cost-effective, integrated employee benefit solutions. WS serves customers online, over the phone, and through a nationwide network of investor centers. WS is also committed to helping drive employee retirement readiness by delivering leading-edge financial solutions to employers, including recordkeeping, cash management products and services and personal advisory services (PAS).
The associate will be responsible for design, development, and implementation of applications/ framework using Java/J2EE. This also includes enhancements, maintenance and support of existing and new applications.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and develop complex solutions on a platform dedicated to high scale processing of large amounts of data
- Assess and research current implementations of the platform and determine the course of action required to enhance the platform
- Drive technical initiatives with US partners and collaborate with cross-geography teams
- Working with the operations team to plan infrastructure upgrades, to troubleshoot issues and to tune the environment for optimal performance and uptime
List of skills required
- Very good knowledge of JAVA / J2EE (Java 7 or 8) , especially working in batch and web services applications development
- Development Skills: Java – JVM, Spring batch, Spring Boot, Hibernate/MyBatis
- Database - Working using one of the database (Oracle, Postrgres, MySQL, DB2)
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory , Shell or Python script writing
- Build/Deploy/SCM Tools: Git, Maven, Udeploy,Docker Containerization, Unix shell scripting, Batch job configuration and Monitoring
- Prepare design, develop code, perform unit testing and documentation for the project.
- Co-ordinate with US teams and EI teams for requirement gathering and code deployment
- High level of commitment, initiative, vision and enthusiasm
- Creative, energetic, assertive hands-on professional who enjoys the challenge of change
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 2.5 – 4.5 years of IT experience