Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Engineer – SDET
Business Unit Overview
The primary objective of the Workplace Investments (WI) team is to enable the WI business in the US, while working with IT business partners in the US in a well-integrated way. WI comprises five business lines - Defined Contributions, Defined Benefits, Stock Plan Services and Health and Insurance and Health Savings Account. Over the past 10 years the WI team has developed technical expertise on various functions within each business line of Workplace investments, across strategic new products and within data engineering. We strive to achieve technical excellence in each of these functions and help the WI business accomplish its long term objectives. This role focuses on the development of Automation Infrastructure in support of business needs and the technology evolution to a Devops culture.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Translate business and systems requirements into technical requirements for automation and software tools & framework.
- Design, develop, document, and maintain automated tests and software tools.
- Actively contribute in the day-to-day planning, design, execution, and reporting of automation
- Follows software engineering principles in development of automation software.
- Understand and apply test driven/behavior driven design concepts to test and debug automated solutions and software utilities developed by self and others.
- Do white box testing where required
- Deliver accurate and maintainable code for automated test suite and software utilities.
- Collaborate with other technical resources to:
- Suggest improvements for processes, best practices, and standards.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability of automation platform.
List of skills required
- Good understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution, and planning
- Good analytical skills and high aptitude to learn and adapt to new processes
- Good understanding of Automation Frameworks – Data Driven, Key word Driven, Hybrid
- Good understanding of TDD (Test Driven Development)/BDD (Behaviour Driven Development), CI-CD and DevOps concepts.
- Can effectively debug and test own automation code, software code
- The following development experience is a strong plus:
- Web Services – REST, SPRING
- Web UI technologies like Angular JS
- Service Virtualization
- Functional UI Automation
- Experience with two or more of the following is a strong plus:
- Jenkins/Git Stash• Working knowledge of one of the following is mandatory
- Web Services Testing
- Web UI Testing
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Organizational skills including time, project and process management;
- Influencing capabilities;
- Ability to work effectively with both business customers and project team members
- Good interpersonal, relationship management and facilitation skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good analytical, negotiation & building consensus abilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field.
- Total of about 6-8 years of work experience out of which at least 3 years should have been in development.
- Hands-on development experience, which includes any of the following:
- 2+ year using Object Oriented Language or C Family of Languages.
- Java or Python preferred.
- 2+ years of automation scripting experience (not record and playback).