Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior QA Engineer - Automation and Functional
Business Unit Overview
WS (Workplace Solutions) helps our customers save and invest through workplace retirement savings plans, build lifetime relationships with customers and provide employers with cost-effective, integrated employee benefit solutions. WS serves customers online, over the phone, and through a nationwide network of investor centers. WS is also committed to helping drive employee retirement readiness by delivering leading-edge financial solutions to employers, including recordkeeping, cash management products and services and personal advisory services (PAS).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution, and planning
- Translate business and systems requirements into technical requirements for automation and software tools.
- Actively contribute in the day-to-day planning, design, execution, and reporting of regression test scripts
- Contribute inputs for automation which helps to enhance the testing experience
- Understanding of functional testing methodologies – latest trends of functional testing
- Well versed with testing documentation for example Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Management etc.
- Collaborate with other technical resources to:
- Suggest improvements for processes, best practices, and standards.
- Design and develop automation and software tools.
- Understand requirements.
- Identify opportunities to improve maintainability of automation platform.
List of skills required
- Functional and Automation experiences is a must, some of the key areas
- Web Services – REST and SOAP
- Web UI, including AJAX
- Service Virtualization
- Functional UI Automation
- PL SQL
- Strong analytical skills and high aptitude to learn and adapt to new processes
- Experience using any of the following tools and technologies is a strong plus:
- Working knowledge of one of the following is mandatory
- Web Services Testing
- Mainframe Testing and COBOL concepts
- Data Warehousing and ETL concepts
- Written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Organizational skills including time, project and process management;
- Influencing capabilities;
- Ability to work effectively with both business customers and project team members
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management and facilitation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Solid analytical, negotiation & building consensus abilities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related field.
- 5-7 Years of IT experience