Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior QA Engineer - Functional Testing
Business Unit Overview
The primary objective of the Personal Investments (PI) team in India is to enable the PI businesses, working with our IT business partners in the US. Over the past 6 years we have developed technical expertise on various functions of personal investments and strategic investment products and data. We strive to achieve technical excellence in each of these functions and help the PI business accomplish its long term objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities
Our teams build and contribute to Fidelity’s platform. As a platform engineer, you will help us build rest APIs with micro services architectures. You’ll work on building end to end capabilities as part of our autonomous, cross functional teams. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to own entire features from concept to deployment working on cross-functional teams. You'll have the opportunity to contribute ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn. We're looking for highly motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative, iterative, and fast-paced environment.
List of skills required
- You have a passion for technology and can navigate your way across complex and rapidly-changing landscapes by staying on top of latest trends and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- Are a creator, a doer, and a disruptor who will help us solve real-life problems and meet real customer needs. You’ll be helping us build things, taking an idea, and creating rapid prototypes that are shippable and learn from real-life feedback.
- Are comfortable to be a self-starter, who actively challenges status-quo, is curious and not afraid to ask “Why” and “What if”?
- Are experienced with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages and frameworks
- Care about cycle time and use CI/CD practices, tools to rapidly deploy changes to customers while minimizing risk using practices like A/B tests, blue-green deployments, and feature toggles
- Stay on top of Algorithms, Data Structures and Design Patterns and love the challenge of building highly scalable systems that can support thousands of transactions/sec.
- Have a mindset of test first development and are experienced in modern test frameworks. We believe in testing and that quality is everyone’s job.
- Are data-driven and can measure, collect and use data to make decisions. We understand the value of intuition and the need to balance decisions accordingly.
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in meaningful discussions.
- Strong knowledge in API Design & Development, MicroServices Architecture.
- Very strong in Java using latest language features
- Good knowledge of HTTP based APIs, Networking and how the internet works.
- Automation Tools/Frameworks (Mocha, Jasmine, Chakram, Selenium, Protractor)
- Advanced Git skills
- DevOps, Automated Testing and Continuous Delivery
- Java and AWS Cloud certification will be a plus
- Great attitude, team player and effective contributor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Commitment to quality and high standards
- Strong interpersonal / customer skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- 5-7 years of IT experience