Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Business Unit Overview
FBT (Fidelity Brokerage Technology) - provides a wide range of clearing and custody technology solutions for our Institutional & Intermediary business partners. Our team provides technology services in the area of development, maintenance, quality assurance and production support of mission critical brokerage applications. The FBT platform, we support is used by 300+ Correspondent banks/insurance-firms/broker-dealers, 3000+ Investment Advisors & UHNW Family Offices, 6 million institutional and 9 million retail accounts, 130+ Capital Market hedge fund clients, and is capable of handling over 1 million trades per day. The FBT India team is distributed across Chennai and Bangalore.
Fidelity Corporate Action Solutions (India) team is seeking an experienced software engineer to join our new team. The software engineer will play role in developing software components for the product using Agile development methodologies and using modern architecture patterns and JAVA technology stack in support of program objectives. This role demands significant collaboration with members of various business and IT groups throughout the lifecycle of a typical project.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and build Java components for the product which suffices good quality in terms of architectural metrics.
- Define, maintain and support development environment while adopting industry best practices and tools
- Ensures code reviews, unit testing and integration testing is completed efficiently and effectively
- Help coordinate the delivery of technical components across internal/external technical teams.
- Coordinate multiple development work streams through integration and ensures architecture is scalable and extensible
- Experience or exposure to a number of the following concepts and technologies is desired:
- Application development using Java EE, Spring framework, Hibernate
- Relational databases like Oracle databases.
- Exposure using application servers like WebSphere, Tomcat etc.
- CI/CD tools such as Shell scripting, Maven, Git/Stash, Jenkins, Nexus, uDeploy etc.
- 5+ years total OO development experience
- Investment/financial services experience is desired
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Experienced with building framework for modern transactional and data processing applications
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment while meeting deliverables.
- Curiosity to stay abreast with new and emerging technologies and concepts and to find ways to apply those to business problems.
- Plays a key role in resolving technical roadblocks involving multiple technologies
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM, Extreme Programming, TDD etc.
- Strong verbal and written communications, must be able to actively engage other team members
- Understanding of Agile development methodology and exposure to development technique utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps
- Prior experience working with development teams in onshore-offshore model.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 5-7 years of software development experience