Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Engineer - SDET
Business Unit Overview
Workplace Investing (WI) helps millions of people save and invest through workplace savings plans. WI builds lifetime relationships with customers and provides employers with cost-effective, integrated employee benefit solutions. The company serves customers online, over the phone. WI business constitutes of four different product lines Defined Contribution(DC), Defined Benefits(DB), Health & Welfare(HW) and Stock plan services(SPS).
The NetBenefits development team is part of the Workplace Investing (WI) Technology group. Our team is responsible for new and enhanced design and development of application areas across WI. Our primary focus is NetBenefits via the web and mobile channels. As a Software Engineer, you will focus on both front end and back end technologies, working directly with both technical and business stakeholders to translate a vision and designs into sustainable business solutions. You will be responsible for the development of complex software applications, ensuring they are built with quality, consistency to our standards, performance and responsive to the device accessing the application.
This Software Engineer will play a Development role within the NetBenefits Development team. This individual will be responsible for the creation of quality web based software components that are used by Fidelity’s workplace customers. The Software Engineer will work closely with the project manager, systems analysts, architects, and other developers to design, build, test, and deliver the features that make up Fidelity’s internet experience. They will be expected to work closely and collaborate with other developers on projects.
Responsibilities of the role includes
- Provides business solutions by contributing to the development of complex or multiple software applications.
- Assists in determining and developing approaches to solutions.
- Contributes to the definition of application level architecture.
- Participates in team project planning.
- Performs functional analysis for small to moderate projects.
- Provides application support, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Supports and performs all phases of testing leading to implementation.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues. Provides technical supervision on small projects.
- Works on multiple projects concurrently under moderate direction.
List of skills required
- Knowledge of internet, mobile, and application architecture, as well as current industry trends
- Displays a full understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and trive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks
- Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Strong software development skills using Java and web application technologies in a service oriented architecture
- Experience in Server Side Java, J2EE, JSP/JSTL, Servlets, JAXB, JAX-WS, SQL, JUnit, and Tomcat are all required. Websphere would be desirable
- Working experience of Inversion of Control, dependency injection, and MVC design pattern
- Strong knowledge of responsive web design and technologies
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration, static code analysis and test driven development
- Open Source Frameworks - Spring MVC, Spring Core. XML, Integration with SOAP and RESTful WebServices, WS security
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quick learner and willing to adapt and learn new technologies
- Great attitude, team player and effective contributor
- Commitment to quality and high standards
Experience and Education:
- 4.5-7Yrs of experience
- BTech/BE in CSc