Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Software Engineer - Production Support
- Candidate should have sound technical knowledge/experience in app/web server configuration/support and management, He/She should have excellent oral and written communication skills. Should have hands-on - handling environment/network related issues in Linux o/s.
- The primary responsibility of the team is the operational stability and availability of the applications that customer facing associates use to do their job. The team’s goal is to deliver agreed levels of service to users and customers and to provide the best associate experience possible.
- Incident Management, Change Management, Problem management processes
- Strong knowledge of Python scripting and automation practices
- Experience managing environment stability and availability.
- Production support experience with financial systems a plus.
- Linux/UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Ensure compliance with and improvement of support processes
- Experience in Production Support environment
- Work together with support teams to identify automation opportunities, chart actions and status of those actions to improve operations
- Experience in workflow design, data analysis and requirements identification/specification.
- Demonstrated original and abstract thinking.
- Experience with software development methodologies (Agile) a plus.
- Microsoft Office skills--Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field of study
- Experience with Dev Ops and Cloud based technology is a plus
- Demonstrate relationship building and teamwork skills within all levels of the organization in a collaborative effort
- Must be adaptable in a changing environment and be effective in many different business settings
- Should be able to understand customer / end users requirements and should own the issue till the closure.
- 10+2+Diploma / Bachelors Degree with 3 to 4 years of experience (Min of 15 years of formal education) (Mandatory)
- Flexibility to work in shifts on rotational basis and Handle On Call responsibilities during weekends (Mandatory)
- Databases: SQL and Oracle (should be able to write queries) (Desired)
- Knowledge on ITIL process - Incident, Change and Release Management (Desired)
- Experience in Informatica, OBI/IBI and Reporting would be added advantage (Optional)
The above job description does not include all job responsibilities. This position may be required to perform related duties other than those specifically presented in this description.