Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Lead - Software Engineering - Java
Business Unit Overview
Fidelity Investments Management Technology (FIMT) is the business unit that provides application, system and IT infrastructure services for multiple Investment management and advisory businesses like Fidelity Management and Research Company (FMRCo), Fidelity International Limited (FIL), Pyramis Global Advisors (PGA), Strategic Advisors Inc. (SAI) and Investment operations across Boston, Merrimack, Raleigh, London, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Bangalore.
We are looking for a LSE- Lead Software Engineer with expertise and experience in designing and developing applications including new developments, enhancements, maintenance and support. The role involves continuous collaboration with partners, iterative understanding of requirements, following Fidelity best practices / methodologies, thorough understanding of the technology roadmap, advancement to design / development process and providing on-call production support on rotation basis.
- Design and architect complex solutions on a platform dedicated to high scale processing of large amounts of data
- Mentor and direct team members on technology and specific design; Own issues and provide end-to-end solutions
- Assess and research current implementations of the platform and determine the course of action required to enhance the platform
- Provide leadership to junior engineers, understanding how to leverage and enhance their current skills
- Collaborate with peers and the leadership team on process improvement ideas, policy and procedure enhancements and opportunities to improve the customer service experience
- A passion for technology and the financial domain with demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Delivery focus with the ability to take full ownership
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time-zones
- Strong commitment to quality, documentation and engineering excellence
- Strong communication skills, problem solving skills and adaptability
- Experience in reverse engineering and understanding existing applications
- Willingness to learn niche technologies like PolarLake, Appian
- Java/J2EE Object Oriented design and development skills.
- Java IDEs (Eclipse, Intelli)
- Core Java, Servlets/JSP/EJB, Spring
- Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- ORM Tools (iBatis, Hibernate)
- Multithreading and Java design patterns
- SQL proficiency (Oracle experience preferred)
- Unix and Shell scripting basics
- Unit Testing
- Job Scheduling Technologies
- Build Technologies (Maven, Hudson)
- Agile methodologies or iterative development processes
- Acceptance test-driven development a plus.
- Ability to take ownership
- Coach team members and take accountability for the deliverables
- Excellent collaboration and Interpersonal skills
- Great attitude, being a mentor, team player and effective contributor
- Focused on productivity
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Relevant experience of 6 – 9 years