Chennai, TN IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Lead - Software Engineering - ORACLE
Business Unit Overview
The Customer MDM Database Group within PI Technology is seeking a Principal Data Developer to lead, develop and support projects on the MDM and eDelivery Business within the PI Customer data space. The platform is built on Oracle technology and data loads processing from data across fidelity and outside data is loaded using leading ETL technologies. The platform is going through significant change and is in the process of migration to No SQL solution too. We also have a large process of web data collection. The datastore holds several terabytes of data with high volume processing on a daily basis.
If you are an experienced lead with a passion for delivering innovative products and services a career in the PI Database Technology may be right for you!
Principal Database developer is a key database lead position for the eDB platform in the Data Organization. You are accountable for driving success by empowering the team and providing transparency of progress towards goal. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced and highly ambiguous environment working with emerging technologies, high risks and uncertainty.
- Your strong Oracle, PL/SQL, ETL (Informatica) , Unix script skills
- Your exposure to continuous Integration tools (GIT, Liquibase, Jenkins)
- Managing multiple simultaneous product deliveries of various sizes and complexities.
- Designing, develop and test software solutions in data centric technologies
- Responsible for mentoring, directing, and overseeing the development work of team members.
- Analyzing and resolving problems associated with technical issues, project resources issues, and project integration issues
- Understanding business requirements and sizing development efforts.
- Working with architects, engineering leads, and team leads to determine technical solutions and ensure they result in coherent system designs using the most effective methods and tools.
- Managing the operational and support needs in production in partnership with the Production Support Services (PSS) team.
- Coordinating and collaborating with technical partners providing support and capabilities across the system stack for timely completion of project deliverable
- Data research and understanding of the underlying data that supports the products
- Facilitating code reviews , Conduct performance tuning , coordinate production installation of software
- Your strong negotiation and partnership skills with a collaborative spirit in building relationships.
- Your software delivery through agile methodology
- You have demonstrated experience of effective effort estimation and resource scheduling
- Your excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You are a team player, with strong collaboration and communication skills
Education and Experience
- Financial Services experience and proven track record of delivering data projects in complex environment
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience working as a database lead /software engineer in ETL/NoSQL Data space
- Experience with formal software development methodologies, preferably Agile