Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer - Sales Force
Business Unit Overview
Health & Welfare Operations and Implementations group supports our business partners in the US in servicing corporate / institutional customers in benefits administration vertical. This involves moving the customers to the Fidelity platform and supporting their on-going record-keeping needs. This is done through a series
We are looking for a highly motivated, Salesforce.com developer to join the dynamic, globally distributed team at our Bangalore. The role involves enabling Salesforce.com users and will be charged with developing/automating business processes that will improve informational organization, enhance customer communication experience with Fidelity and seed analytical reporting.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work closely with Salesforce.com team and business partners to translate the vision of business partners into design solutions on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Design Salesforce.com solutions using standard configuration capabilities.
- Design, implement, and maintain Salesforce.com custom solutions using Apex and VisualForce.
- Create technical documentation and execute software unit testing.
- Write detail unit test plans associated with the design of software components.
- Publishes clear and concise design documentation.
- Participates in and contributes to formal reviews of architecture, design, and code.
- Resolve technical issues associated with developed software components.
- Design and implement custom integration solutions using ETL software.
- Strong technical aptitude and personal willingness to learn additional skills as required by the business.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration across a global development team, project teams, and business and systems partners.
List of skills required
- Salesforce 401 Developer Certification
- Salesforce 501 Developer Certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Apex, VisualForce pages, Custom Apex Web Services
- Thorough knowledge of Salesforce configuration. Experience with newer features like visual workflow and process builder are differentiators.
- Solid understanding of cloud and on-premise integration technologies
- Experience with integration of 3rd party applications into Salesforce
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and programming concepts
- Understanding of XML/WSDL, DOM, and other W3C standards
- Experience with ETL applications, IBM Cast Iron Cloud Integration preferred
- Experience with data structures and querying languages, SOQL/SOSL preferred
- Experience creating and consuming Web Services (SOAP/Rest)
- Experience working with agile development frameworks like Scrum
- Knowledge of the current technologies and evolving trends.
- Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies.
- Detail oriented coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills coupled with effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be an organized self-starter with a collaborative work style.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- 8+ years of software development experience on business critical, enterprise wide applications.
- 5+ years of Force.com development