Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Lead - Software Engineer - Java
Personal Investing (PI) helps millions of people save and invest through individual retail accounts, builds lifetime relationships with customers and provides participants with cost-effective, integrated participant benefit solutions.
PI serves customers online, over the phone, and through a nationwide network of investor centers.
PI also provides a range of investment products and services to individual mutual fund and brokerage customers consisting of two main businesses:
- Direct mutual fund and brokerage sales and services
- Fidelity's retirement rollover business.
PI is also committed to helping drive employee retirement readiness by delivering leading-edge financial solutions to employee, including Investment management, Recordkeeping, Employee communication and education & Cash management products and services
As a Lead SET you will be applying your strong software development and test automation skills to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve Fidelity insurance customer-facing software solutions. You will also be supporting your team in adopting test automation frameworks and best practices to ensure we are building the right product and we are building it right.
We are looking for passionate member who is
- Obsessed with creating the best end-to-end customer experience
- Owns the outcome by taking personal accountability for delivering strong results
- Full-stack engineer with knowledge in a breadth of technologies and test automation frameworks
- Passionate about Test Driven Development, developing robust software, writing testable and maintainable code
- Self-directed, willing to take initiative, pragmatic and results-oriented
- Has keen attention to detail and wants to solve really hard problems, not just detect them
- Able to learn large software systems end-to-end quickly
- Keenly interested in learning new technologies and their adoption and driving them at QA Org level
- Able to work with remote and international team members
- Have strong communication skills and technical expertise to drive and participate in meaningful discussions.
- Lead Quality assurance Org level initiaives
As a Lead software engineer in Test, your responsibilities will be to
- Use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper software engineering and bug prevention strategies, testability and security
- Actively participate in the development process through writing and maintain application features and automated tests including unit tests, component tests, integration tests, functional tests, performance tests, scenario tests and interoperability tests
- Support the team in designing reliable, portable, accurate and trustworthy tests, and in integrating them into CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with team members on improving team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
- Lead by example and enable the team in designing and developing automation harnesses using Selenium, Protractor or Robot Framework
- Participate in application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team help us build rest APIs with micro services architectures
- Contribute to own entire features from concept to deployment working on cross-functional teams
- Contribute ideas to improve our products as well as develop your skills, learn new technologies and languages, and continue to learn
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
We believe that diversity in background and experience will foster an inclusive and engaging work environment for our employees. This ultimately enables us to deliver a better product for our customers.
Being technically competent is only telling half the story. We believe that delivering the best possible customer experience requires an artful blend of human ingenuity and technology. While we value smart technologists, we are fanatics about our culture that promotes autonomy and leadership at all levels. People who are great cultural fits demonstrate curiosity to learn, are unafraid to break things, step up and take the lead, take ownership of their projects, and thrive by sharing knowledge.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or related field
- 8 to 12 years of experience with experience in
- Designing and building web application using Java
- Developing / using test automation frameworks (like Selenium, Protractor)
- Exposure to AngularJS (2 or above), NodeJS, HTML5, CSS, Python, Docker, Jenkins Pipeline configuration
- Experience and Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in delivering software in the Agile environment