Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Engineer - UDA
Business Unit Overview
This group supports HW Operations, SRS support & FBM Operations out of India. We bring together significant domain, technical and operations skills to service our end-clients.
FBM team provides services for Fidelity Health Marketplace and Small Market Payroll clients in process improvements and files processing work. The opening pertains to the User Developed Applications /End User Development developer role.
- This role is for Sr. Software Engineer role for the FBM (Fidelity Benefits Marketplace) organization.
- FBM UDA (User Developed Application) team is responsible for developing and enhancing current manual intensive updates made by Account Managers and Benefits Consultants in various Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and One Note. This team’s primary goal is to evaluate all areas where lot of time is spent on making various proposal documents that aren’t auto populated today and design a roadmap for least amount of redundant updates to be made the team facing clients.
- This is an exciting and challenging position for anyone who would like to build solutions for challenges faced by teams that work with clients, draw out a plan to go after the enhancements of current Excel Macros (VBA code) , PowerPoint generation from excel to providing a single screen that would allow them to provide data which would then go and generate related proposal, pricing and strategy documents.
- This role requires strong analytical thinking skills, besides an appetite for innovation and development of solutions. Ability to interact with senior partners, gather their requirement and develop solutions according to needs is a critical aspect of the role.
- This role will provide opportunities to take responsibility of Tools and technologies efficiently and provide accurate results. This position requires excellent communication skills, and the ability to work across a culturally diverse team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review of current VBA code in various excels and PowerPoints used currently as template
- Assists in determining and developing approaches to solutions.
- Evaluate form of auto population (database vs reading excels).
- Come up with efficient solution for daily process.
- Provides application support, problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Supports and performs all phases of testing for better accuracy.
- Identifies and resolves technical issues. Provides technical supervision on small projects.
- Works on multiple projects concurrently under moderate direction.
List of skills required
- Strong knowledge of VBA coding in Excel.
- Strong knowledge in Excel formulas, pivots and preparation of excel dashboards.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner.
- Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Experience in building Excel dashboards, VBA code
- Relational Databases – SQL, writing packages stored procedures, understanding of triggers, views etc.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quick learner and willing to adapt and learn new technologies
- Great attitude and effective contributor
- Commitment to quality and high standards.
- Strong Time Management and Planning skills.
- Ability to perform independent, also good player in the team.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree/ Master’s degree in Computer science or any other discipline• 3-5 years of experience in VBA programming