Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Analyst/Specialist - Data Science and artificial intelligence
Business Unit Overview
Business Analytics & Research (BAR), established in 2006, is a fast-growing, vibrant team within FMR India that provides capabilities like Data Science & AI, Investment Research and Customer and Competitive Insights. This position is part of the Artificial Intelligence Centre of Excellence (AI CoE) team for Customer Knowledge and Strategic Insights organization.
- This role involves working with senior stakeholders in understanding and identifying the business requirements and needs in the areas of Big Data Analytics and Artificial Intelligence. Scanning the fast paced external and internal environments in these areas, developing futuristic ideas that would benefit the firm and leading implementation of mathematical/AI models/algorithms/solutions to bring those ideas to life. Specific experience in AI areas like deep learning, genetic algorithms will be an advantage.
- Individual in this role is expected to work with multiple stakeholders and teams, have excellent knowledge and experience of recent developments and work in a self-directed manner in ambiguously defined need areas.
List of skills required
- The candidate should possess extensive knowledge of and experience in applying statistics, data mining, machine learning and deep learning techniques in a professional context
- Candidate should be expert in handling various data types and structures: structured, unstructured, voice, image and video data, static versus streaming data. Extensive prior experience in integrating data, profiling, validating and cleansing data in Big Data platforms is a must.
- Should have extensive experience with relational, NO-SQL and Graph databases.
- High level of proficiency in statistical tools and programming environments like Python, R, SAS, Big Data platforms like Hadoop, Spark is a must.
- Must possess good programming languages skill in Python/Java/C/C++
- Exposure to Deep Learning applications and tools like TensorFlow, Theano, Torch, Caffe is preferred.
- Exposure to Graph Databases like GraphX, Neo4j and semantic web applications will be preferred.
- Candidate will be expected to communicate analytical results and developed solutions in a way that is meaningful for business stakeholders and provides actionable insights.
- Have the ability to discover new opportunities where analytical techniques can be leveraged for solving business problems.
- Effective communication and excellent “story-telling from data” abilities.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and provide thought leadership.
- Team management and mentoring skills.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience with organizations known for cutting edge/ best-in-class applications of Advanced Analytics, Predictive Modeling and Artificial Intelligence.
- Master’s Degree / PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research)