Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Senior Software Engineer - Java Full Stack
Business Unit Overview
Personal Investing (PI) helps millions of people save and invest through individual retail accounts, builds lifetime relationships with customers and provides participants with cost-effective, integrated participant benefit solutions. PI serves customers online, over the phone, and through a nationwide network of investor centers. PI also provides a range of investment products and services to individual mutual fund. PI is also committed to helping drive employee retirement readiness by delivering leading-edge financial solutions.
Personal Investing Technology objective is to enable better customer experience and deliver software solutions to support business in the new digital world. PI technology group is on continuous journey with mission to increase pace of execution and innovation. Customer Led, Fast and Digital are three main themes with key aspirations to work for Digital organization of PI Technology Services.
- We are looking for an SE - Software Engineer with expertise and experience in designing and developing applications including new developments, enhancements, maintenance and support. The role involves continuous collaboration with partners, iterative understanding of requirements, following Fidelity best practices / methodologies, thorough understanding of the technology roadmap, advancement to design / development process.
- Design and development of applications for the Digital experinece team. You will work directly with Product Architects, Product Owner, Scrum Master and development resources across our team, as well as other technical and business stakeholders across the organization in a SCRUM Distributed Agile environment.
- Design and hands-on development of enterprise-scale applications that support customer self-service and system to system integration utilizing established and emerging technologies and vendor products.
- Should be able to do perform multiple roles i.e. should be able to perform analysis, QA testing and should be willing to learn new technologies.
List of skills required
- A passion for technology and the financial domain with demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Delivery focus with the ability to take full ownership
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time-zones
- Strong commitment to quality, documentation and engineering excellence
- Strong communication skills, problem solving skills and adaptability
- Experience in reverse engineering and understanding existing applications
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Java/J2EE Object Oriented design and development skills.
- Core Java, Servlets/JSP, Spring. Java Script, jQuery
- Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- Hands-on experience with Front End technologies (HTML5, CSS3, JQuery, JSON, Ajax, and Angular.js).
- Unit Testing
- Build Technologies (Maven, Hudson)
- Ability to participate in working sessions that result in clear requirements and technical design, even when working with non-technical members of SCRUM teams.
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration concepts and DevOps best-practices & tools (Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Jira, etc.)
- Unix and Shell scripting basics is a plus
- Multithreading basics and Java design patterns is a plus
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good customer interaction skills
- Quick learner and willing to adapt and learn new technologies
- Great attitude, team player and effective contributor
- Commitment to quality and high standards
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer science or any other discipline
- 5-7 years of experience in web technology role