Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Java – Manager/Senior Manager Software Engineering - Bangalore / Chennai
Business Unit Overview
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms.
Fidelity is a privately held, international provider of financial services and investment resources that help individuals and institutions meet their financial objectives.
- We are looking for a Senior Project Manager with expertise and experience in managing, designing and developing applications including new developments, enhancements, maintenance and support. The role involves continuous collaboration with partners, managing the work, iterative understanding of requirements, following Fidelity best practices / methodologies, thorough understanding of the technology roadmap, advancement to design / development process and providing on-call production support on rotation basis.
- Design and architect complex solutions on a platform dedicated to high scale processing of large amounts of data
- Mentor and Manage team members work on technology and specific design; Own issues and provide end-to-end solutions
- Assess and research current implementations of the platform and determine the course of action required to enhance the platform
- Provide leadership to junior engineers, understanding how to leverage and enhance their current skills
- Collaborate with peers and the leadership team on process improvement ideas, policy and procedure enhancements and opportunities to improve the customer service experience
- Improve the overall process efficiency for the team
- Explore the possibility of Invention or Innovation in the current system
- A passion for technology, financial domain and manging with demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- Delivery focus with the ability to take full ownership
- Experience working with distributed teams in different time-zones
- Strong commitment to quality, documentation and engineering excellence
- Strong communication skills, problem solving skills and adaptability
- Experience in reverse engineering and understanding existing applications
- Agile methodologies or iterative development processes
- Acceptance test-driven development a plus
- Java/J2EE Object Oriented design and development skills.
- Java IDEs (Eclipse, Intelli)
- Core Java, Servlets/JSP/EJB, Spring
- Web Services (SOAP, REST).
- ORM Tools (iBatis, Hibernate)
- Multithreading and Java design patterns
- Attitude to learn new technologies and suggest new ideas
- SQL proficiency (Oracle experience preferred)
- Unix and Shell scripting basics
- Unit Testing
- Job Scheduling Technologies
- .Net technologies understanding
- Build Technologies (Maven, Jenkins)
- Cloud services
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently in a matrixed environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Relevant experience of 13 – 16 years