Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Analyst/Senior Analyst – Analytics & Research
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms. The firm is the largest mutual fund company in the United States, the No. 1 provider of workplace retirement savings plans, the largest mutual fund supermarket, a leading online brokerage firm and one of the largest providers of custody and clearing services to financial professionals.
Business Analytics & Research Overview
Business Analytics & Research (BA&R), a part of FMR India, is a consulting and insights function that enables business leaders at Fidelity Investments to make informed decisions. The team uses a combination of business and investment research, advanced analytics and decision sciences to solve business problems at the operational, tactical and strategic level. The group has a high focus on leveraging big data and technology to facilitate critical decisions and is in the process of setting-up a first of its kind big data lab in India. The group houses top talent with over three-fourths of the associates having a post graduate degree or PhD.
The team supports decision making through a combination of external market intelligence based on economy/industry/sector/company analysis and Data Science & Big Data Analytics that focuses on analyzing a wide variety of internal, syndicated and big data using advanced mathematical models.
The group provides unique exposure to the financial services industry spanning Workplace Investing, Retail Investing, Institutional Investing, Asset Management and Private Equity.
What do we expect from you?
- Learning Quotient: Having a continuous learning focus around math, science, technology/tools and business domain, taking efforts in increasing knowledge through self-learning and exploration utilizing the repertoire of learning resources available at disposal
- Communication: Strong communication skills demonstrated through confident communication and Q&A with various stakeholders including 1:1 interactions with offshore partners
- Business Understanding: Energy to quickly build a basic understanding of overall Fidelity business and outcome drivers for financial services industry
- Project Management: Time management and operational discipline with an approach to problem solving in a consultative and structured manner.
- Self-Development: Demonstrate high degree of self-review and evaluation as well as seeking peer / manager feedback for continuous improvement
How will your typical day look like?
- Checking emails / having interactions with colleagues to catch up on work delivered and new requests received
- Synthesize structured and unstructured communication with partners to build work plan
- Frame an approach using your understanding of Fidelity business, data and relevant questions at hand. One day it might be an easier solve with you working alone, on another day it may require digging around meeting other team members and collaborating to form an approach and execute.
- On some days, you will make time to attend knowledge sharing sessions on projects pertaining to your direct work area or what other team members are doing across different competencies and business verticals. You can pick up a thread from these interactions and then see how it can be applied to your projects working with other experts from other teams. Eventually, you will be on the giving end sharing your expertise with others.
- The day will stretch into evening with you talking to the onshore team, presenting insights from work you performed during the day and addressing concerns, if any
What we offer in return?
- Getting to see how analytics is applied to solve for real business problems at one of the largest financial services company in the world. You get to see and question where the problem emanated from and where your work was applied to make a difference
- High respect for individuals and their talent in an extended team model where the offshore team is seen as a part of the larger global analytics team
- Confluence of different analytics disciplines in one place working to solve problems across different business verticals
- Working with top notch talent with great depth in research and analytics experience combined with domain and business understanding to make their efforts stick
Education and Experience
- Masters in statistics/economics/management/operations research from a reputed university
- 1- 4 years of overall analytics experience