Bangalore, KA IN
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Java Architect - Bangalore / Chennai
Business Unit Overview
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Founded in 1946, the firm is a leading provider of investment management, retirement planning, portfolio guidance, brokerage, benefits outsourcing and many other financial products and services to more than 20 million individuals and institutions, as well as through 5,000 financial intermediary firms.
Fidelity is a privately held, international provider of financial services and investment resources that help individuals and institutions meet their financial objectives.
- Develop solution architecture for complex business systems
- Guide/Develop, communicate and oversee implementation of high-level and low-level design in compliance to architecture and design standards
- Effectively address functional and quality goals of systems during design activities. Apply appropriate approaches to assessing tradeoffs among architectural quality goals
- Lead the architectural, infrastructure, and common components/services aspects of large project or sets of projects or business unit technologies, which may include: applications, infrastructure and/or database strategies. Drive resolution to technical issues. Leads/performs impact analysis
- Participate and guide the team in unit, integration, and non-functional testing
- Provide technical guidance to the offshore development team. Coach and mentor the technical team
- Ensure development teams follow coding guidelines and practices, and conduct formal code reviews. Participate in defining the technical & coding standards and guidelines for the team or group
- Participate in critical problem solving and advanced technical troubleshooting to assist the organization
- Present a technical solution and the underlying business requirements that drove its development, assess the technical integrity and risks inherent in that solution in such a way that the recommendations and findings are appropriate and can be implemented across the function/business unit
- Must have experience in defining solutions and the needed architecture to enable it. Build end to end Solution Architecture and get stakeholder buy-in. Ability to take the functional and non functional requirements and propose a solution that will meet the business needs
- Ability to analyze business problem, understand big picture and develop technical solutions.
- Ability to build support among senior management and key stakeholders for proposed solutions
- Must have considerable experience in service identification, design principles, and patterns
- Must have experience .NET, Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate/iBatis is must. The individual should be well conversant with DB technologies such as Oracle, PL/SQL etc and in usage of databases in applications/services
- Must have good knowledge of SOAP, REST and Webservices
- Should be able to provide technical leadership to the development teams in preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions. Should be able to identify integration points between various design areas and should be able to track the implementation of integrations. The candidate should be able to mentor the members of the development teams
- Should be able to work on projects that cut across divisional and organizational boundaries
- Should be able to work on POC’s independently
- Should be a quick learner be able to adapt to new technologies
- Must have expertise in Object Oriented Analysis and design
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently in a matrixed environment
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 12 – 15 yrs years of experience in Web service testing and database testing.