Job Title – Lead – Software Engineering
The Purpose of This Role
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will focus on mainframe development using Cobol, working directly with both technical and business stakeholders to translate a vision and designs into sustainable business solutions. You will be responsible for the development of complex conversion tasks, ensuring your deliver with quality, consistency to our standards, performance.
The Value You Deliver
This Lead Software Engineer will play a Mainframe Developer in Bangalore. The SPS Data Conversion Mainframe Developer is a key member of an integrated implementation team responsible for the successful transition of conversion data for SPS plan implementations. While adhering to established processes and procedures, the SPS Data Conversion Mainframe Developer will work closely with all conversion partners to convert, audit, validate, reconcile and load conversion data.
Responsibilities of the role includes
- Ability to understand and analyze the functional requirements
- Work on data conversion projects
- Auditing of output and reports
- Close interaction with the project team members
- Peer review and testing.
The Skills that are Key to this role
- 5+ years of work experience in Cobol, DB2, JCL, VSAM
- Displays a full understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and groups, both in person and virtually, in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Ability to quickly learn, adapt and strive to meet the needs of a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to navigate organizationally in order to accomplish tasks
- Ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously
- Required Technical skills
- Experience in Mainframe development using COBOL
- Knowledge of DB2, JCL, VSAM
- Exposure to Distributed Technology like JAVA, Angular will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL, File-aid, SPUFI and Platinum is preferred.
- Domain knowledge of Retirement Services is a plus
- Experience in Agile development methodology and Jira/Git Stash tool
- Behavioral attributes
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Quick learner and willing to adapt and learn new technologies
- Great attitude, team player and effective contributor
- Commitment to quality and high standards
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Workplace Investing (WI) helps millions of people save and invest through workplace savings plans. WI builds lifetime relationships with customers and provides employers with cost-effective, integrated employee benefit solutions. The company serves customers online, over the phone. WI business constitutes of four different product lines Defined Contribution (DC), Defined Benefits (DB), Health & Welfare (HW) and Stock plan services (SPS).
The NetBenefits development team is part of the Workplace Investing (WI) Technology group. Our team is responsible for new and enhanced design and development of application areas across WI. Our primary focus is NetBenefits via the web and mobile channels.
The Expertise we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or any other discipline
- 3+ years of experience in mainframe/Cobol development role
Shift timings: 11:00 am – 8:00pm
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity India has been the Global Inhouse Center of Fidelity Investments since 2003 with offices in Bangalore and Chennai. For information about working at Fidelity, visit India.Fidelity.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits Developed for You
From the little things that make every day better to those big-picture, life-changing tools. That’s exactly what you’ll get at Fidelity. We have an amazing package of benefits and programs designed to help you thrive both at and outside of work.
Affordable and accessible healthcare benefits for you and your loved ones.
- Coverage of up to INR 300,000 for you along with your spouse/partner, with additional top-up options available
- Insurance covers for parents/in-laws made available at subsidized costs
- Personal accident insurance cover of six times your annual basic salary
- Life insurance cover of eight times your annual basic salary
We invest in nurturing healthy habits and promoting overall wellness of our associates through three pillars – Physical, Emotional, and Financial wellness.
To help you through the exciting yet demanding times of parenthood, avail of time off and other benefits such as childcare allowance and access to daycare.
You will have access to free transport services to and from work, subject to residing within our pre-defined boundary limits
Finally, like the icing on the cake, we offer benefits that will help you contribute to and invest towards your retirement.
- National Pension System (NPS) offered at Fidelity:
- At Grade 6 and below, Fidelity will match your NPS contribution up to 5% of your basic salary
- At Grade 7 and above, Fidelity contributes 10% of your basic salary towards NPS as part of your compensation structure
- Avail of other statutory benefits such as EPF, VPF and Gratuity
Read more about our Benefits program.
Committed to Continuous Learning
At Fidelity, we are constantly adapting to the changing needs of our customers, new technologies, and better ways of working. And we empower our associates to do the same, with an emphasis on developing skills that will help propel you forward in your career while being able to make an impact for Fidelity’s customers around the world.
We offer a wide range of options including online, in-person, and mentor driven solutions – as well as learning days and job shadow opportunities to expose you to new elements of our business to broaden your experience.
Ongoing Opportunities for Growth
- Free access to thousands of online training resources
- Internal clubs focused on trending topics and associate interests
- Ability to pursue online or in-person technical certifications
Read more about our Learning & Development program.
Connected to Our Communities
At every level of our organization, you’ll find people who are committed to doing their part to make the world a better place. We host events and conduct volunteering activities, encouraging associates across the organization to get involved and make an impact on the lives of people in the communities where we live and work.
- Through our community relations program, we provide associates with several opportunities to actively volunteer and create an impact
- Host numerous company-wide volunteering and awareness events.
- Partner with a number of not-for-profit organizations to benefit our local communities
Year-Round Volunteer Opportunities
- Partner with schools and our not-for-profit organizations on financial literacy programs, career counselling, and online tutoring for students
- Teach employability skills to youth from low-income backgrounds, and conduct mock interviews to prepare them for corporate jobs
- Create joyful learning experiences for primary school children through the ‘Art in Education’ program
- Plant urban mini forests and participate in local cleanup efforts
Read more about our Fidelity Cares community relations program..